Sunday, June 15, 2008

LAKE TAHOE AND MORE

Tonight I am relaxing at the home of my oldest son and his wonderful wife. They live in Natomas. This is a small community just north of downtown Sacramento. He is on staff at The River Church. An eight-year-old church that is doing an outstanding job of reaching its community. This church was daughtered by Arcade Wesleyan, the church I was privileged to lead for six years.

It has been a very busy, but productive week-end. I spoke to 100 men at a retreat located at a beautiful retreat center on the shore of Lake Tahoe. I spoke Friday night. Three times on Saturday. Then wrapped up early on Sunday AM with a communion service. We then made our way down the hill from the lake to make the first service at The River Church. I spoke for their two morning services. Needless to say it was a bit draining.

The real highlight of the week-end was getting to spend Father's Day with my oldest son, his wife, my daughter and her husband and my son's in-laws. We grilled, laughed and watched Tiger Woods make the tourney tying putt on the last hole of the US Open. It was GREAT!

I write this as the Celtics are make every effort to complete their bid for the NBA Championship against the Lakers. And being a Sacramento Kings fan, who has had their share of run-ins with the Lakers, we are pulling for the Celtics.

It has been a wonderful three days of ministry and family. I head back to Indy early tomorrow. I miss Sacramento, but know I am where I need to be at this time.

No comments: