Saturday, April 26, 2008

TWELVE MILES

I did it! I ran twelve miles. It took me one hour and fifty minutes. I have never run that far, nor that long before. This may not sound as such a big deal to many, but it was just a little over two years ago I was unable to run around my block. And it is a small block. In fact, it is exactly six-tenths of a mile. To think I am now able to run the distance I am is somewhat hard to believe. Today's run has given me confidence I can complete the mini. Until today I was not sure. It reminds me that experience provides confidence.

I celebrated by having a apple fritter at Starbucks. Not the best fritter I have had, but not the worst either. I have to say it is very difficult to find an excellent apple fritter. They have to be crispy on the outside and a bit gooey on the inside with no lack of apple bits. The best I have ever had was from an unknown bakery in El Cajon, CA. It was purchased and provided for me when I was an interim preacher at El CAjon Wesleyan Church. I will be out that way in July for the Pacific-Southwest District conference. The conference is held at that church. I will have to contact the administrative assistant at EWC and request one for the first morning of the conference. Nothing to lose.

If anyone has a suggest as to a location in the greater Indy area that has an outstanding fritter...don't keep it a secret. Share so those of us in this area can give it a try.

No comments: