Monday, January 12, 2009

EIGHTY DEGREES

Today I began my third residency for my DMin. Unfortunately this demands that I spend two weeks in Southern California. So here I am in 80 degree weather, while back home in Indianapolis...it is, well it is not 80 degrees.

This weather does take some getting use to. When I ran this AM I came across some water on the sidewalk. Seeing it, my initial response was, "I hope this is not slippery. Could be icy." Then I remembered I was in So Cal; and water on sidewalks, in January, does not get icy. WOW! What a thrill to run through standing water with confidence.

I get to wear short sleeves and flip-flops. I would wear shorts too, but my legs...I don't think so! People in Indiana think I have white legs. Those in Southern Cal would have to add another shade to their sunglasses to keep from being completely blinded.

You gotta love it!

No comments: