Monday, March 17, 2008

OUT OF POCKET

I have been away from internet accessibility for a time. Since I last shared I have been to five states. I am writing from the fifth: Orlando. I have taught a class of 19 students in the area of Evangelism and Church Health. I visited two of my three kids in California. I had the opportunity to celebrate the tenth anniversary of a church we helped start in 1998. We invested about 55 folks out from our church. They began minstry to the folks in a growing area called Rocklin. This community is northeast of Sacramento. In their ten years over 400 folks have come to Christ. I would say it was a worthwhile investment.

As I mentioned I am currently in Orlando. I am here to participate in the General Board meeting of the denomination I happen to participate. This meeting has a very full agenda as this June we have our General Conference. This happens every four years so many things will be determined.

I trust we will decided the correct things. It is our vision to fulfill the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment. I trust we will make decisions that will drive us toward vision fulfillment and not get caught up in organizational noise that might deter us from the vision.

No comments: