Friday, March 27, 2009

B-VILLE

The past two days I have been in Bartlesville, Oklahoma at Oklahoma Wesleyan University (OWU). I was asked to participate on a Presidential Advisory Board. It was a privilege. We all learned a great deal about the campus, student body and key educational and philosophical initiatives. But more than any of this we caught the heart of the President...Everett Piper.

Everett is passionate about Christ. He is passionate about academia. And he is highly desirous of producing committed Christ followers who have a biblical worldview. I was reminded once again how leadership at the top makes all the difference throughout an organization.

Larry Orr participated in this as well. Larry is Lead Pastor of a Wesleyan congregation in Moreno Valley, CA. This is located in Riverside County. He spoke in chapel. He concluded his sermon with these three declarations:
  • Jesus is the Christ...He is my God
  • Jesus is the Light...I will walk in his Truth
  • Jesus is Lord...I do life his way

These three simple declarative statements are valuable. They affirm our faith. They confirm our belief. The encourage our commitment.

No comments: