Saturday, February 21, 2009

ITS A GRIND

I am currently sitting in the coffee shop, "It's a Grind." Many who know me are right now picking themselves up off the ground (or a coffee pun...grounds) mumbling, "Phil is not at Starbucks? Duck and cover the world as we know it is coming to an end!" Relax...I am still a Starbucks person, but I am also practical. This is close to where I live and it offers free Internet, not to mention a better working environment than the Starbucks (and I have tried them all) in this area. The world is NOT ending (as far as I know), but if you think it is and you would like to gift me any of your worldly items...I am thinking my friend Bob's MGM Sports car...please do not hesitate to contact me.

Prior to coming to "The Grind" I completed teaching a two and one-half day class on Evangelism and Church Health. It was a wonderful class. Great interaction. And I got a great one liner. A new friend, Jaime Perez (if I misplaced his first name and he reads this I know I will hear from him) said, "I don't want to reinvent the wheel I just want you to tell me how to roll it." I loved the line. He said he is looking forward to seeing it in print and getting credit. Well here it is, but after this it is mine. Unless when I use it it does not go over well, then it is all his!

I also brought my yearly Girl Scout cookies. The young ladies have a table outside, so I stopped and purchased one box of Thin Mints and one of Caramel Delights (aka Samoa's). Don't know the whys of the name change, they appear to be the same. Could be part of something Obama promised in his campaign to bring clarity and openess to stuff. I am only going to share the cookies with my Grandson Brody. And since he has no teeth and, at a bit over two weeks old, does not eat solid food, I will have them all to myself. But I did want to share.

Will be leaving in a bit to pick up Joni from work than off to Brody's house. I need to get as much Brody time as possible as leave tomorrow and won't see him for ten days. By that time he probably will have teeth, which means I will have to take my Girl Scout cookies with me.

No comments: